Contact us: 01935 850555
Why study at The Park Sixth Form?
Results and experience demonstrate that there is nowhere locally better placed to be subject-flexible in the Sixth Form. We take the time to help students make the right subject decisions following their GCSEs and we can be flexible enough to arrange timetables around individuals. We help students get the right grades, in the right subjects to get them onto their chosen higher education or career path.
- Small classes mean that every student receives truly individual attention. Teachers can adjust their teaching styles and even vary the content of their courses to suit the aptitudes and interests of their students.
- Our teaching staff are experienced, subject specialists who take the time to get to know every student.
- We offer students the opportunity to enhance their A Level studies by considering an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), in a topic of their own choice.
- Our UCAS specialists provide intensive guidance during the university application process, helping our students with their Personal Statements and writing detailed, well-informed and highly personal references.
- We help students to organise appropriate work experience and write effective CVs.
- Sixth Formers at The Park have their own dedicated Common Room and study area and additional privileges around the School.
- The tranquillity of our parkland setting allows students to be fully focussed on their subjects and study without distraction.
- As in any small community, students get to know each other well and quickly forge strong friendships.
- Sixth Formers learn to exercise responsibility and help in the running of the school as Prefects. Potential leaders are given the opportunity to develop managerial and mentoring skills as School Officers (Senior Prefects).
- Other enrichment opportunities at The Park include: debating, drama, public speaking, peer mentoring, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Arts Award, the Engineering Challenge, musical events, sports competitions, School Council and Yeovil Youth Council.