Contact us: 01935 850555
Geography GCSE, AQA
Are you thinking about studying geography? You should be because geography tackles the big issues:
- Climate change; who is to blame and how to we tackle it?
- International security and terrorism: what causes it and why does it spread?
- The power of the planet and how if impacts us (e.g. Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis Extreme Weather)
- Managing natural resources; controversies and shaping public policy.
There really is something in geography for everyone. Dive in and broaden your horizons with geography! http://bit.ly/whygeography
Geography graduates are some of the most employable in the world. By understanding human-human and human-nature interactions, they are uniquely positioned to make sense out of the world in which we live. Whether you go on to be a politician, entrepreneur, a scientist or a pilot, geography contains essential transferable skills that can be applied over a huge range of professions.
We are now in the Anthropocene, the age of humans. Our impact on the planet is now greater than ever and will become ever more acute over the next century. Global warming, terrorism, extreme weather, environmental refugees; the challenges facing our species are enormous. Equip yourself with the critical knowledge necessary to shape the future and be a proactive citizen of the world. Choose geography!
Course Content and Assessment
Paper 1: Living with the physical environment. 35% of final grade
- Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
- Section B: The living world
- Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK
Paper 2: Challenges in the human environment. 35% of final grade
- Section A: Urban issues and challenges
- Section B: The changing economic world
- Section C: The challenge of resource management
Paper 3: Geographical applications. 30% of final grade
- Section A: Issue evaluation
- Section B: Fieldwork
“Geography students hold the key to the world's problems.” Michael Palin