Contact us: 01935 850555
Geography GCSE, AQA
Why study Geography?
Geography tackles the big issues:
- Environmental responsibility
- Global interdependence
- Cultural understanding and tolerance
- Commerce, trade and industry.
The world in which we live is likely to change more in the next 50 years than it has ever done before. Geography explains why, and helps to prepare students for those changes. The transferable skills which geography fosters are an asset in the complex world of employment today. Geography is about the future and encourages flexible thinking. Compared to other subjects, geography graduates are among the most employable because they possess the skills that employers look for. This is because the subject combines a knowledge of science and an understanding of the arts. Geography – helping you make sense of the world!
Course Content and Assessment
Paper 1: Living with the physical environment. 35% of final grade
- Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
- Section B: The living world
- Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK
Paper 2: Challenges in the human environment. 35% of final grade
- Section A: Urban issues and challenges
- Section B: The changing economic world
- Section C: The challenge of resource management
Paper 3: Geographical applications. 30% of final grade
- Section A: Issue evaluation
- Section B: Fieldwork